Ryandor.com

Forums
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for someone....
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 6:57 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Has anyone seen or heard from Xelah ina while? Ive been tryin to contact him, but hes has not been inthe forums. Anyone know what shard he goes to or his email?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 7:49 am 
Something Offensive
Something Offensive

I dont post every day. I spent 3 days playing Bauldur's gate 2.

Post subject: FInaly!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 10:52 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

:x Abotu bloody time you showed up!!!! Ive been looking for you for quite some time. Are you still going to be making a shard for UO? I finaly got all my editors to work right, and you were awol. So, you still need me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:16 pm 
Something Offensive
Something Offensive

Point of note: I have annoying (to everyone but me) work habits. Example: Go 3+ weeks w/o touching my shard work, then sit and do nothing else for 4 days and get 3 weeks worth of work done.

I also have a slight problem, I won't have a host to run a pre-alpha (staff only, getting vitals done) shard untill at least mid january '03. So I've been putting off doing my races and classes in order to get things done on Abbadon and play balder gate.

In short, I don't really know, I'll send you the current version of my map and when I get done with them the dragon scripts I've been working on when I get them done. What exactly is it that you are wanting to do?

Post subject: Well, it depends...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:24 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am learning how to make world files, maps and statics included. It seems handy that you wont be done till next year becuz I dont even have my own comp up and runnin yet. I guess that you already have the primary world map almost done, so I wont bother wit dat. But, if you havent already, ill be glad to work on the dungeons and what not. The problem is that ive been postin dis stuff frim a school comp and am not able to start work, or even try to learn how to do maps yet. in short, I dont know how to even use dragon or worldforge or anytinhg yet cuz I havent been able to install em. I do, though, understand how to use the Axis utility. I assume that your using it since ur usin sphere. As far as I know, they are working on shere version 99p. This update should be stable by now. Also, are you planning to make it a LBR shard? Being that its dragonlace themed, dragons are mountable in LBR, which will go along with the story. I dont know what your worldmap looks like yet, but try looking at some maps in one of the books and try to replecate one of the key towns der. That would be cool. I will, once i can, even make it for you, if theres room on da map.
:?: Can you update ur profile for thr ryandor forume so i can see ur email and any IM you may use? to keep in contact of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:49 pm 
Something Offensive
Something Offensive

You can ride dragons/bears in all UO 2D versions, just have to alter your verdata.mul file for it. As well as this you can add all of the LBR creatures. So no, I'm not making it LBR specific. Also, untill they release the mythical sphere 1.0, I'm sticking with 55i just because I don't like any of the .99 versions and the bugs that come with them.

There's a program called Orb Multi Template Manager that will let you extract a multi from your server and then import it back in as many times as you wish. The only real drawback to this is that if you over use a template, the city you're building will look like crap. However, it does make for easier work if you alter the altitude of a region in your map and then just extract the items there, and then replace them at the correct altitude. There are other uses to the program as well.

Post subject: ok cool
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:03 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Are you going to be using the add on creatures in ur shard? Also, what programs are YOU using to place ur towns and items and such?(statics) So far the best ive seen for somtin like dat is worldforge, but that doesnt work wit sphere. Ryandor or rosebu-thorn(hehe) said that the axis admin tool does dat , but i have yet to see how. Oh by the way, I finaly got around to applying to Abbadon, I put a cool litle background story for my char, check it out , when and if they let me in....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:49 am 
Something Offensive
Something Offensive

Axis, Orb, Admin Tool, and Dragon are the only tool programs I've used thus far.

Post subject: ok but hwere...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:51 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

where can i find orb, and what is admin tool? Where can I find it?

:cry: Rosethorn, Im truly sorry, come on man it was just a joke.... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:54 am 
Something Offensive
Something Offensive

too early in the morning. Axis = Admin Tool. I'll find a link to orb later.

Post subject: ok no prob man
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:54 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

see ya, dont be late, that would suck. :lol: